Information for Festival Crew
We are required by law to ensure you have been briefed on:
- The Risk Assessment - so you can be sure that you know what is required of you as a member of festival crew
- Crisis Plan - so you are aware of what happens when there is an emergency and how you need to react
- Child Safe Policy - so that all children, and those who work with them, are protected
- Safe Manual Handling (lifting stuff) - to protect yourself from injury associated with moving items around at the event
The Risk Assessment
Skip to the main Risk Assessment grid on page 9 and read the columns "What is the Hazard" and "How Can We Reduce These Risks?"
The Crisis Plan
This document is so important to make sure we can all work together in an emergency. Read it carefully.
As part of our family-friendly festival we ask that you take child protection as seriously as we do and familiarise yourself with this doc.
Manual Handling (lifting stuff properly)
Please take 10 mins to watch this short video that will show you how to lift and move items without causing damage to your back:
That's it! That's everything you need to know, except...
- Please ensure you arrive on site between 6:45pm and 7:15pm on Thursday 31 July to be ready for a 7:30pm briefing. Here you will be required to sign a document stating that you have familiarised yourself with the contents of this page.
- The main crew briefing at 7:30pm will be followed by a fire extinguisher demonstration at 8pm. Afer this the bar will be open for a mini crew party until midnight.
- We will have copies of the documents on the day and so if you haven't read them in advance then you will be able to read them after the crew and fire briefings but this will eat into your party time so probably best do it now!